Sunday, April 5, 2009

Purple-White Spring football game


Approximately 800 Frog fans attended the football team's Purple-White Spring Game on a sunny Saturday despite brisk winds and a chill in the air. The White squad won the informal scrimmage, 10-0, but the crowd seemed thankful just to see some football.

"I liked seeing how [quarterback] Andy Dalton has progressed," said season ticket holder Christian Ellis '95, who attended the game with his two sons. "He looks even more confident than last season, almost like he's more comfortable as the team's undisputed leader."

Jerry Dunn '76 was curious about what the defense would look like with the loss of Jason Phillips, Robert Henson, Stephen Hodge and Matt Panfil. "They actually looked better than I expected," he said. "The new linebackers Tank Carder and Daryl Washington are faster than last year's group. The safeties looked really good too. I'm leaving more relieved than I thought I would be."

The Athletics department also hosted a sale of uniforms and apparel worn by former varsity players and coaches.

"I'm always looking for good TCU gear. I just wish there was something that fit," said Liz Perkins '00.

No comments: