Thursday, April 2, 2009

TCU creates singular sensation


The musical A Chorus Line got me through high school.

A theater geek, I listened to my scratched LP over and over attempting the difficult intro choreography to "I Hope I Get It."
The adolescent-angst anthem "Hello 12, Hello 13, Hello Love" was seemingly written for me at the time, especially the classic line "Too young to take over, too old to ignore." Now as a mother of two teenagers, the line has renewed resonance.

I finally got to see the show when the national touring company came to town and even caught the flop movie starring Michael Douglas the following year - 1985.

Now I'm excited about TCU's take on the Tony award-winning show. Cast members include: Julian Arredondo, Josh Banks, Meg Bauman, Sydney Baumgart, Laura Campbell, Caitlin Davis, Collin Duwe, Arrington Foster, Daniel Frederick, Alyssa Gardner, Randy Jackson, Mrla Massey, Andrew McGlothen, Kelsey Milbourne, Scott Moffitt, Ryan Mulkey, Julia Pool, Justin Rapp, Lindsay Ray, Rachel Rice, Craig Robertson, Angelika Ruiz, Matt Slayter, Preston Swincher, Melissa Terrill, Alex Valle, Alyssa Wall and Chelsea Wilson.

TCU faculty on the production staff include: Jennifer Engler (director and choreographer), Michael Heil (scenic designer), Jill Browning (costume coordinator) and Michael Skinner (lighting designer).

Tickets are $10/$5 for students and seniors 60 and over. Due to the mature content of the show, the department is warning parents not to bring children under age 15.

Call 817-257-5770 for reservations.

I hope I get there.

No comments: